Each year, the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH), the 50 State Offices of Rural Health, partners, and community stakeholders set aside the third Thursday of November to celebrate National Rural Health Day!
This day marks an opportunity to celebrate the Power of Rural
by honoring the selfless, community-minded, “can do” spirit that prevails in rural America. It also provides a chance to bring to light the unique healthcare challenges that rural citizens face – and showcase the efforts of rural healthcare providers, State Offices of Rural Health, and other rural stakeholders to address those challenges.
For more than two decades, Wapiti Medical Staffing has been helping rural communities with their healthcare needs. The Wapiti team of physicians and advanced practice providers brings clinical knowledge and understanding to these underserved areas, as well as dedication to service excellence and a passionate commitment to care. We hope that you will join Wapiti in recognizing those who work every day to keep rural communities healthy!
Rural America faces unique healthcare challenges requiring unique approaches:
Data above is supplied by www.powerofrural.org.
- More than 57 million Americans live, work, and play in rural communities.
- That population is spread across 72% of the total U.S. land area, but only makes up 19% of the total U.S. population.
- Rural communities face a disproportionate shortage of qualified healthcare providers, leading to 69% of health professional shortage areas in rural and frontier communities.
- Over 1,200 Critical Access Hospitals and more than 300 rural prospective payment system hospitals support the acute care landscape of rural communities.
- 4,500 Rural Health Clinics and 3,398 rural health centers provide the backbone of the primary care infrastructure in rural America.
At Wapiti, we are passionate about rural healthcare. We recognize our strength is serving the healthcare needs of underserved communities. For more information on how Wapiti can serve as a resource for your facility – or if you a provider seeking rural placement – call our office at (888) 733-4428.