Have you ever wished you had a list of questions to ask every time you start in a facility? Have you ever wished you knew where equipment or tools were at before the trauma or code happened? Here is a list of questions that will help you find out the important details about a facility prior
to your need to know.
- What is your EMR? Can a provider dictate notes? If so, where is the user information?
- Am I the only provider on during my shift? Who is my backup? Who should I hand off to at the end of my shift?
- What type of physician specialties are available?
- Is radiology, laboratory & anesthesia available 24/7? Are they in house or what is their expected response time?
- How do you handle transfers? What facilities do you use?
- Does your ambulance have a BLS or ALS service?
- What is the expected response time when called to see the patient?
- What type of lodging arrangements are available?
- What local activities/site/recreation are available for personal enjoyment?
- Are meals provided in house?
- Where is your crash cart? Do you have a pediatric and adult cart?
- Am I responsible for codes on the floor if working ER or vice versa?
- Do I have to fill out a time sheet onsite?
- Do you have CT/MRI/sonography?
- Do I write admitting orders?
- What is the response time to see patients?
- Do need to respond to codes on the floor?
- As an ED provider, am I expected to respond to emergency deliveries in OB if the delivering doctor does not respond?